What We Believe
We, the congregation of Grace Baptist Church, believe that Christ established His Church to participate in His redemptive mission, within the power of the Holy Spirit, as an agent of transformation within the world through evangelism, worship, fellowship, discipleship and ministry, which we affirm as the biblical purposes of the church.
In obedience to His commands to “love the Lord your God [and] love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:37, 39) and “go and make disciples” (Matthew 28:19), and in accordance with the biblical purposes of the church, we commit ourselves to providing all people of every nationality, socio-economic sector, age group and ability opportunities to grow in their knowledge, love and service to Jesus Christ. To accomplish our purpose, under God’s direction we will create and maintain ministries that encourage commitment in each person to actively support the Great Commission and prepare disciples for lives of service to Jesus Christ and His Kingdom.
- We believe the Bible is God’s Word given by divine inspiration, the record of God’s revelation of Himself to humanity (II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe in the one living and true God, perfect in wisdom, sovereignty, holiness, justice, mercy and love (I Timothy 1:17; Psalm 86:15; Deuteronomy 32:3-4)
- We believe God created an order of spiritual beings called angels to serve Him and do His will (Psalm 148:1-5; Colossians 1:16)
- We believe God created man in His own image to have fellowship with Himself and to be steward over His creation (Genesis 1:26-28)
- We believe salvation is redemption by Christ of the whole person from sin and death (II Timothy 1:9-10; I Thessalonians 5:23)
- We believe the Church is the body of which Christ is the head and all who believe in Him are members (Ephesians 1:22-23; Romans 12:4-5)
- We believe religious liberty, rooted in Scripture, is the inalienable right of all individuals to freedom of conscience with ultimate accountability to God (Genesis 1:27; John 8:32; II Corinthians 3:17; Romans 8:21; Acts 5:29)
- We believe Christians, individually and collectively, are salt and light in society (Matthew 5:13-16)
- We believe God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring all things to their appropriate end and establish the new heaven and the new earth (Ephesians 1:9-10, Revelation 21:1)