A Place to plant spiritual seeds and help them grow
Welcome to the Children’s Ministries. Our mission is partnering with parents to make disciples who glorify God in all they do. We are dedicated to the biblical education and growth of our kids.
Planting Time – Planting Spiritual Seeds
9:30AM – Offered during Worship for ages Birth through Kindergarten.
- Seedlings – Nursery (ages 0-3 years old) – Downstairs
- Preschool (ages 3-5 years old) – Downstairs
- Kindergarten-Room 10 (Fellowship Hall) – Dismissed before the preaching and does not meet the first Sunday of each month as this is Communion Sunday. We encourage you to have your child(ren) sit with you for Communion.
11AM – Enrichment Hour
Intergenerational Study for all ages – Starting June 4th
Lord, Teach Us to Pray: A Study for Children and Adults on Prayer
The purpose of prayer is not to change God, but to change the person praying. Through prayer, God reveals our sinful hearts, makes His will known, discloses His kingdom purposes, and reveals Himself to His children. True prayer is getting to know God better. Lord, Teach Us To Pray is an intergenerational study on prayer.
When Jesus responded to the disciples’ request to teach them to pray. He gave them the Lord’s Prayer as a model. In it, Jesus shows us what should be in the believer’s heart when he comes to his Heavenly Father in prayer. Lord, Teach Us To Pray is not about the correct formula for prayer-—it’s about God’s children learning to fellowship with Him in prayer.
Preschool and Kindergarten (During the Service)
Last Week’s Lesson:
God Preserves Joseph
Passage: Genesis 37
Principle: God cares for His people.
Praise: “Rejoice in the Lord Always”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Which of his sons did Jacob love the most?
- What dream did Joseph have?
- Why were Joseph’s brothers jealous and angry?
- What did Joseph’s brothers do to him?
- How did God preserve Joseph?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By confessing anger and jealousy.
- By trusting and honoring God even when he has problems with others.
This Week: As a family, read Genesis 37.
Next Week: Genesis 39–50
“But as for you, you meant it for evil against me; but God meant it for good…to save many people alive”
We partner with parents to make even the littlest at Grace into disciples who Glorify God in all they do. We teach from the curriculum “A Sure Foundation.” We provide nursery care from Birth to 3 years of age downstairs across from the gym.
Foundation Statement: Jesus is the Boss
The aim of this lesson is to lay a foundation for understanding the sovereignty of God. As your child is able to understand them, begin to use terms such as “in charge” or “in control” of everything to explain the sovereignty of God.
Story: The Wind and Water Obey Jesus (Matthew 8:23-27)
- If you have pictures of Jesus in a Bible storybook, show them to your child. Make sure your child understands that Jesus grew up.
- Help your child to understand the word “obey.” For example, “Mommy says, ‘No.’ Obey Mommy. Do what Mommy says.”
- Talk to your child about bosses. Then remind him that Jesus is the boss of everything. For example, “Who is the boss of the house? Who is the boss at Daddy’s work? Jesus is the boss of everything!”
Pray: Praise Jesus for being the boss of everything.
Awana – Wednesday Nights
AWANA is a program we offer on Wednesday evenings at 6:25pm. It is a way for children to memorize scripture, learn from the Bible, make friends, and have fun.
If you are interested in becoming involved with our Children’s Ministries please contact Chloe Feldman email@example.com or Angie Fewster firstname.lastname@example.org or the church office at 701-775-0648
Vacation Bible School
August 7-10 9:00am-12:00pm Kindergarten-6th Grade
At SonWorld Adventure Park, there’s no height requirement, the lines are short and everyone gets a good view of the parade. But hold on to your hats and glasses, because it’s sure to be a life changing ride! At SonWorld Adventure Park VBS, your kids will meet various people who encountered Jesus and discover how they responded to Him.