The mission of Grace Baptist Church is to make disciples who glorify God in all that they do.
Our strategy for achieving this mission can be summarized as “Come, Grow, Go.”
COME – Come To Christ and Worship Him and get Connected to His body
Corporate worship is fundamental to the development of disciples of Jesus. It is here where we learn to praise Him for who He is through songs that are scripture laced. It is here where we put ourselves under the preaching of the Word and have our minds transformed by it. And it is here where we begin to get connected to the family of Jesus.
- To Sunday worship services to praise God and hear His word proclaimed.
- To hear the gospel and respond with repentance and be baptized.
- To connect ourselves to the body through membership.
GROW – Grow in Christ and be conformed to His image
We believe that the best way for discipleship to fully take root in the life of one of Jesus’ disciples is to be connected to other disciples in Gospel-centered community.
It is in the context of loving, transparent, authentic relationships that people can best grow in their walk with Jesus and discover the gifts which He has given them to be a part of the building up of the body of Christ. This is also how followers of Jesus can best apply all of the “one anothers” of Scripture, such as loving, serving, and praying for one another.
Community is Gospel-centered when it involves studying the word of God, prayer, worship and challenging each other to be all that God has called us to be. It is as we develop close relationships that we are best able to care for and be cared for fellow believers, thus fulfilling Jesus’ command to us to love each other as He has loved us.
In order to facilitate and encourage community in the church, we have small groups, Bible studies, Sunday morning Enrichment Hour classes, men’s and women’s ministries, and much more. These smaller groups allow you get to know one another in ways that are not possible in a Sunday morning worship service.
- Through regularly gathering to hear the word of God taught/preached.
- Through gaining a greater understanding of God’s Word.
- Through being connected to other believers for mutual edification.
- Through practicing biblical prayer.
- Through using our spiritual gifts to build up the body by finding a place to serve.
GO – and share Christ
We believe that all Christians are called and sent. In other words, every follower of Jesus is a missionary and is saved to be on the same mission as the Father and Jesus. Every disciple of Christ is meant to create more disciples.
There are two distinct aspects to how we GO – First, we are all called to be equipped so that we can carry out the ministry of building up the body of Christ. This is where we discover the spiritual gift(s) that God has given us and seek to use those gifts for the benefit of the body this is our acts of service. Secondly, all Christians have a responsibility to be witnesses for Jesus, sharing the Good News of the Gospel at every opportunity.
We go by:
- Being the witness that God calls us to be in our home, workplace, and community.
- Participating in missionary endeavors to spread the Gospel at home and abroad.
- Taking an active part in the work of the ministry at Grace.
- Evangelizing our friends, neighbors, coworkers, family members, and others God places in our path.
Our Ministry Values
Christ’s command to make disciples (Matt. 28:18-20) requires us to have an intentional plan to help people come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and develop an ability to lead others towards spiritual maturity.
We affirm the truth that God loves us, desires an intimate relationship with us, and cares about the eternal destiny of the soul of every person; indeed, He desires that no one should perish, but that everyone come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9; see also John 5:24; Matthew 25:40; Galatians 3:28).
Therefore, because all people matter to God, all people matter to us as we strive to help them know, love and serve Jesus Christ. Everything we do must reflect this conviction.
The purposes of evangelism, worship, fellowship, discipleship, and ministry align with what we as a church embrace as our core values. At Grace, we strive for all our ministries to be:
- Centered on the Gospel – Our central message is the Good News of salvation in Christ
- Based on Scripture – God’s Word is the focus and the final authority for all we do.
- Lead by Godly Servants – All leaders model the use of their spiritual gifts by personal involvement in ministry and do so as servants of God and others.
- Devoted to Discipleship – We seek to establish deep relationships that help us spur one another on towards growth in Christ. We want to make disciple-making disciples.
- Family-Focused – We boldly affirm the biblical design of the family built upon a marriage relationship established and nurtured in the way God intended it, and desire to promote the health, growth, and equipping of each family in our church.
- Fervent in Prayer – We recognize that apart from Spirit of God at work in our church, all our labor is in vain. We seek God’s blessing and His strength for all that we do.
- Aimed at Growth – Training and equipping both the mind and the heart helps believers develop greater spiritual maturity and equips them to help others.
- Grounded in Grace – We seek the mind and attitude of Christ and strive to treat people as Jesus would, recognizing that all we have is a free gift of God.
- Faithful in Worship – Seeking to worship God as He has called us to in His Word
- Mission-Minded – Empowered by the Holy Spirit, our desire is to impact the world as Christ’s witnesses by preparing and going ourselves, by equipping and sending others, and by committing our prayerful and material support.