Our mission is to make disciples
who glorify God in all that they do.
Simply put our strategic plan to make disciples who glorify God in all that they do is “Come, Grow, Go.”
COME – Come To Christ and Worship Him and get Connected to His body!
Corporate worship is fundamental to the development of disciples of Jesus. It is here where we learn to praise Him for who He is through songs that are scripture laced. It is here where we put ourselves under the apostolic preaching of the Word and have are minds transformed by it. And it is here where we begin to get connected to the family of Jesus.
GROW – Grow in Christ and be conformed to His image!
We believe that the best way for discipleship to fully take root in the life of one of Jesus’ disciples is for that disciple to be connected to other disciples in what we call a Life Group (small group). To that end we are committed to being a church of small groups not a church with small groups.
Our Life Groups are committed to being on the mission of making disciples who glorify God in all that they do so they are committed to the same strategic plan as the whole church – Come-Grow-Go.
We believe that small groups are also the best place for followers of Jesus to apply all of the “one anothers” of Scripture. It is in the context of loving, transparent, authentic relationships that people can best grow in their walk with Jesus and discover the gifts which He has given them to be a part of the building up of the body of Christ.
Our Life Groups are committed to studying the word of God, prayer, worship and challenging each other to be all that God has called us to be. It is also in these small communities where people are best able to care for and be cared for fellow believers, thus fulfilling Jesus’ command to us to love each other as He has loved us.
GO – and share Christ (Developing a Missional Mindset)
We believe that all Christians are called and sent. In other words, every follower of Jesus is a a missionary and is saved to be on the same mission as the Father and Jesus. We are all ambassadors of Jesus and have all been given the ministry of reconciliation as though God was making His appeal through us.
There are two distinct aspects to this aspect of GO – First, we are all called to be equipped by our Pastor-Teachers so that we can carry out the ministry of building up the body of Christ, this is where we discover the spiritual gift(s) that God has given us and seek to use those gifts for the benefit of the body this is our acts of service. And then secondly, as Christians all of us have a responsibility to be witnesses for Jesus wherever we are going and all the time as we are going.
Our Ministry Values
Christ’s command to “make disciples” (Matt. 28:18-20) requires us to have an intentional plan to help people come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and develop an ability to lead others to Christ and to spiritual maturity.
We affirm the truth that God loves us, desires an intimate relationship with us, and cares about the eternal destiny of the soul of every person; indeed, He desires that no one should perish, but that everyone come to repentance (II Peter 3:9; see also John 5:24; Matthew 25:40; Galatians 3:28).
Therefore, because all people matter to God, all people matter to us as we strive to help them know, love and serve Jesus Christ. Everything we do must reflect this conviction.
The purposes of evangelism, worship, fellowship, discipleship, and ministry align with what we as a church embrace as our core values. We value:
- The centrality of the Word of God – The Bible is the focus and authority for all that we do.
- Godly, servant leadership – All leaders model the use of their spiritual gifts by personal involvement in ministry.
- Community and relationships – People are more important than material things or selfish activities, and we seek to establish fellowship and relationships that are in conformity to Biblical guidelines.
- Family – We boldly affirm the biblical design of the family built upon a marriage relationship established and nurtured in the way God intended it, and desire to promote the health, growth and equipping of each family.
- Life-long learning and growth – Training and equipping helps each person to develop self and develop others.
- A “grace orientation” to life – We seek the mind and attitude of Christ and strive to treat people as Jesus would.
- World-wide impact – Empowered by the Holy Spirit, our desire is to impact the world as Christ’s witnesses by preparing and going ourselves, by equipping and sending others, and by committing our prayerful and material support.