Women of Grace, you are invited to participate in a ministry of caring and praying for a special “secret sister” here at at the church.
The intention of Secret Prayer Sisters is to glorify the Lord by lifting up your sister in Christ. It’s a great way to show love toward your sister with prayer, a simple note, or another way to let her know she is thought of and prayed for.
If you’d like to participate, please fill out a form at the Welcome Desk at Grace and place it in the prayer box.
How it Works
1. Know that this is a commitment. By choosing to do this you are committing to uphold your sister in prayer & encouragement, written contact will let her know you’re doing this.
2. Pray daily for your sister. Pay attention to the form she filled out so you know how to pray for her more specifically.
3. Make an effort to get to know her by reading her questionnaire. Find out what her likes and dislikes are, if she attends a Bible study group, what types of things she enjoys, etc.
4. Be an encouragement to your sister. Send her cards and/or small tokens to encourage her. Gifts should not be expensive, be creative and have fun with this once you know a bit more about your sister. Again, use the information from her form to learn more about her. It’s not about gifts, but prayer and encouragement. Just know that any contact will be a blessing.
5. Remember your sister on her special occasions. Don’t forget her on her birthday, anniversary, or any other special occasion in her life (you may be the only one to remember her).
6. Keep it a secret! Don’t let anyone know who you have. You can leave your cards or notes at the church or drop them off or mail them to her home. (If you see one somewhere around the church for a friend, let them know).
7. If you are unable to continue, please contact Brenda at the church office (office@Go2Grace.org). It’s important that not one person who signed up for this is left out part way through.
8. Always remember that someone is also out there praying for and thinking of you, just as you are for them! Think of what an honor this is to be able to lift up your sister to the Lord along with just encouraging and loving on her from afar!
9. This form can also be found and filled out online. Please let us know if there is anyone who might like to have this mailed to them so that they are able to participate.