A Sure Foundation (Birth – Age 3)
Foundation Statement: God Made Everything
Story: Creation (Genesis 1; Psalm 139:13-16
- Talk about the different things God made
- When you talk about trees, birds, dogs, people, and so on tell your child that God made these things.
- Tell your child that God made these things because God is so big.
Pray: Thank God for all the things He made.
This month’s Memory Verse: Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Generations of Grace (Ages 3 – 12)
Israel Rejects God’s Plan
Passage: Numbers 13–14
Principle: God’s plans always are best.
Praise: “Great Is Thy Faithfulness”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did Moses send spies into Canaan?
- How many spies did he send?
- What kind of report did the spies bring back?
- Which spies trusted the Lord?
- How did God punish the Israelites?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By thanking God for His promises.
- By obeying God’s instructions.
- By trusting that God’s plan is best.
This Week: As a family, read Numbers 13–14.
Next Week: Numbers 16
Memory Verse:“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths” (Proverbs3:5–6).