A Sure Foundation (Birth – Age 3)
Foundation Statement: We Love Jesus
Story: The Wise Men Love Jesus (Matthew 2:1-12)
- Show pictures of the wise men and Jesus. Talk to you child about how happy the men were to see Jesus.
- Make statements professing love for Jesus throughout the day. For example, “I love Daddy. I love sister. I love Jesus!” or We love Grandma. We love Grandpa. We love Jesus most!”
Pray: Tell Jesus you love Him.
This month’s Memory Verse: Matthew 6:24 -No one can serve two masters.
Generations of Grace (Ages 3 – 12)
God Gives Jericho to Israel
Passage: Joshua 6
Principle: Believers should be encouraged to obey God because He always does what He says.
Praise: “Great Is the Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What happened when the people of Israel shouted?
- Why did God bring down the walls of Jericho in this way?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By remembering that difficult situations are opportunities for God to glorify Himself.
- By repenting and fleeing to Christ from God’s judgment.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Joshua 6.
Next Week: Joshua 7
“”And the LORD said to Joshua: ‘See! I have given Jericho into your hand, its king, and the mighty men of valor’” (Joshua 6:2)