A Sure Foundation (Birth – Age 3)
Foundation Statement: God is Good
Story: God gives Abraham and Sarah a baby
- When something good happens, remind your child that God is good.
- Make statements such as “Thank you, God, for the sun.” or “Thank you God, for my jumping feet.”
Pray: Thank God for being good. Thank God for the good things He gives you.
This month’s Memory Verse: Psalm 1:6 For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
Generations of Grace (Ages 3 – 12)
Rahab Shows Her Faith in God
Passage: Joshua 2
Principle: Believers must submit in faith and deed to the victorious God.
Praise: “God of Wonders”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did Rahab show her faith in God?
- Why was Israel encouraged by the spies’ report?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By encouraging others by telling them of God’s works.
- By remembering that a believer’s faith should be accompanied by deeds.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Joshua 2.
Next Week: Luke 2:1-20
“ And as soon as we heard these things, our hearts melted; neither did there remain any more courage in anyone because of you, for the LORD your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath” (Joshua 2:11)