A Sure Foundation (Birth – Age 3)
Foundation Statement: God made Everything
- Talk about the different things God made.
- When you talk about trees, birds, dogs, people, and so on tell your child that God made these things.
- Tell your child that God made these things because God is so big.
Pray: Thank God for all the things He made.
This month’s Memory Verse: Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Generations Of Grace 3 years to 5th Grade
God Makes David King
Passage: 2 Samuel 1:1–2:4a
Principle: God’s plan includes the death of the righteous and the wicked.
Praise: “This Is the Day”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did David react to the death of Saul and Jonathan?
- How did God keep His promise to David to make him king?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By trusting that God has control over life and death.
- By praying for the salvation of unbelievers.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of 2 Samuel 1:1–2:4a.
Next week: 2 Samuel 7
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.”