A Sure Foundation (Birth – Age 3)
Foundation Statement: God is Good
Story: God Gives Abraham and Sarah a Baby(Genesis 21:1-7)
- When something good happens, remind your child that God is good.
- Make statements such as “Thank you, God, for the sun.” or “Thank you, God, for my jumping feet.”
Pray: Thank God for being good. Thank God for the good things He gives you.
This month’s Memory Verse: Psalm 1:6- For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
Generations Of Grace 3 years to 5th Grade
The Son of Man is born in Bethlehem
Passage: Luke 2:1-20
Principle: Jesus was born to save people like us.
Praise: “Away in a Manger”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Was Jesus born in a nice place?
- Did the shepherds believe that Jesus was born? How do you know?
- What did the angel say Jesus came to do?
- What three titles did the angel give Jesus?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By humbly obeying Christ, the King.
- By trusting that God keeps all His promises.
- By worshiping Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- By inviting friends to come to church and telling them about the awesome news that Jesus was born!
Next Week: Luke 2:21-38
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.” (Luke 2:11-12)