A Sure Foundation (Birth – Age 3)
Foundation Statement: Jesus is the Boss
Story: The Wind and the Water Obey Jesus (Matthew 8:23-27)
- If you have pictures in a Bible Storybook, show them to your child. Make sure your child understands that Jesus grew up.
- Help your child to understand the word “obey”. For example, “Mommy says, ‘No.’ Obey Mommy. Do what Mommy says.”
- Talk to your child about bosses. Then remind him that Jesus is the boss of everything. For example, “Who is the boss of the house? Who is the boss at Daddy’s work? Jesus is the boss of everything!”
- Note: The aim of this lesson is to lay a foundation for understanding the sovereignty of God. As your child is able to understand them, begin to use terms such as “in charge” or “in control” of everything to explain the sovereignty of God.
Pray: Praise Jesus for being the boss of everything.
This month’s Memory Verse: Matthew 6:24- No one can serve two masters.
Generations Of Grace 3 years to 5th Grade
God Uses Esther to Protect the Jews
Principle: Believers trust in God’s plan, power, and protection.
Praise: “Awesome God”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did Esther become Ahasuerus’s queen?
- What events led to God’s protection of the Jews?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By praising God, who controls every event.
- By being courageous in doing the right thing.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of the book of Esther.
Next Week: Nehemiah 1:1–4:23; 6:15–16
“The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe”