A Sure Foundation (Birth – Age 3)
Foundation Statement: Jesus loves me
Story: Jesus Loves the children (Matthew 19:13-15)
- Show your child a picture of Jesus and the children from a picture book. Talk about Jesus’ love. For Example, “Jesus loves this girl. Jesus loves this boy. And Jesus loves you.”
- Play a “Who loves you?” game with your child. Help your child list the people who love him. Make sure your child understands that Jesus loves him most. For Example, “Who loves you?” [Daddy] “Yes!” End with, “Jesus loves you most.” In time, you should be able to ask the question “Who loves you most?”
Pray: Thank Jesus for loving you. Tell Jesus that you love Him.
This month’s Memory Verse: Psalm 56:3- When I am afraid I will trust in you.
Generations of Grace (Ages 3 – 12)
God Gives Israel a Prophet and a Judge
Passage: 1 Samuel 1–7
Principle: God graciously intervenes in the lives of men.
Praise: “Cry of My Heart”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did God bless Israel with a prophet and judge?
- How did God bless Hannah with a son?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By rejoicing that God intervenes in the lives of men.
- By responding to God’s Word by being obedient.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of 1 Samuel 1–7.
Next Week: 1 Samuel 8–12
He will guard the feet of His saints, but the wicked shall be silent in darkness” (1 Samuel 2:9)