A Sure Foundation (Birth – Age 3)
Foundation Statement: God Knows Everything
Story: God Feeds Elijah (1Kings 17:1-6)
- Make Statements comparing your knowledge to God’s knowledge. For Example, “I don’t know how to make rain. God knows! God knows Everything!”
- Ask you child questions about things he does not know. Then tell him that God knows everything. For Example, “Do you know that man’s name? God knows. God knows everything.”
- Talk about Elijah. Remind your child that Elijah didn’t know how to find water. Elijah didn’t know how to find food. God knew how to provide food and water.
Pray: Praise God that He knows everything.
This month’s Memory Verse: Proverbs 3:5- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on you own understanding.
Generations Of Grace (3-5 years for the summer)
God Punishes Jeroboam
Passage: 1 Kings 12:1–33; 14:1–18
Principle: Christians enjoy the blessings of obedience to God’s Word.
Praise: “Humble Thyself in the Sight of the Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What were the consequences of Jeroboam’s disobedience?
- What were the consequences of Jeroboam’s sin?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By rejoicing in that God blesses those who humbly obey His Word.
- By realizing that God punishes those who disobey His Word.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of 1 Kings 12:1–33; 14:1–18.
Next Week: 1 Kings 17:1; 18:17–46
“Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life” (Proverbs 4:23).