We are always interested in having more people serve in our Children’s Ministries. There are several opportunities to serve, and you’ll find information on many of them below.
Nursery — Age 3
We partner with parents to make even the littlest at Grace into disciples who Glorify God in all they do. We teach from the curriculum “A Sure Foundation.” We provide care from Birth to 3 years of age. We are always looking for more servants to help in this fun and rewarding Ministry.
We are located downstairs across from the gym.
If you are interested in becoming involved in this ministry, or for more information, contact our Director of Pre-school Ministries Angie Fewster at Angie@Go2Grace.org or 775-0648.
Ages 3 — 5th Grade
We are always interested in people who feel that God has really been pulling on their hearts to teach a Sunday School class on a regular basis, share Sundays with another teacher, be an assistant who serves as an extra set of hands or as a substitute teacher.
- We have an exciting curriculum called Generations of Grace. It is a unified curriculum, which means that all of our Children’s classes are studying the same Scripture at the same time, just at different levels. The curriculum purposefully takes us through the Bible; the Old Testament through the Life of Christ, Acts and Revelation.The curriculum is well prepared with lots of options for different teaching styles each week.
- It is an opportunity to grow personally. This curriculum has a great teacher preparation section that has even our most experienced teachers saying they learn new things each week.
- This is an opportunity to really impact the life of a child. We really encourage servants to get to know their students and pray for them on a regular basis. In the end it is as rewarding for our teachers as the children.
We require you to fill out a consent to do a background check.
We usually require an interview, for the purpose of getting to know you better, answer any questions you may have and to direct you to any training you may need.
Easter Treasure Box Journey
The week before Easter every other year we will be having an outreach event that takes children on a guided journey that will take them through the last events of Christ’s life, death and resurrection.
We will need:
- Possibly some people with the ability to be a Biblical Character for 2 hours and memorize or be familiar with a short script.
- Craft people to oversee the craft portion of the event.
- Greeters for the door.
Vacation Bible School
VBS is held each year in early August, and a large number of servants are needed. While this is a bit of a time commitment, it is an amazing week of ministering to young hearts and minds.